Patrick was born and raised in Houston, Texas and is a proud graduate of The University of Houston, summa cum laude, and The University of Texas School of Law, with honors.
As the son of a steelworker and union member, Patrick prides himself on protecting the rights of injured rail workers, who have spent years building their careers and providing for their families the same way that his father did.
As a founding partner of Doyle Dennis, Patrick has substantial involvement in the firm’s trial practice on behalf of rail workers under the various applicable regulations and statutes, including the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA), the Locomotive Inspection Act/Boiler Act, Safety Appliance Act, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other laws designed to protect railway workers.
Through his years of practice on behalf of railroaders, Patrick has become proficient in various types of cases involving locomotive collisions, faulty/damages/defective rail switches, negligent construction equipment operation, negligent locomotive maintenance, negligent track maintenance, negligent switch maintenance, under-manning, and other insufficient/defective equipment. Patrick uses this experience and his background to hold the railroad responsible when they refuse to follow the safety rules necessary to protect their employees.
- Texas, 2004
- Arizona, September 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Law Journal: The Review of Litigation, Staff Member
- University of Houston, Houston
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science
- Recent Developments in Products, General Liability, and Consumer Law, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Volume 42/Issue 2, Winter 2007, 2007
- “Insurance Bad Faith: Into the Heart of Darkness”, Texas Advanced Personal Injury Law Course 2011, State Bar of Texas, September 15, 2011 and November 3, 2011
- “Insurance Bad Faith Case Law Update”, Workers’ Compensation New Legislation and Case Law Update Seminar, Workers’ Comp Publications and Rogers, Booker and Lewis, P.C., July 24, 2009
- “Insurance Bad Faith”, Official Disability Guidelines (ODG) Conference, The Center for Injured Workers, Inc., August 14, 2009
- “Damages from the Plaintiff’s Perspective”, Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations Seminar, Lorman, December 13, 2008
- “Damages Available in Trucking Litigation Personal Injury Actions”, Trucking Litigation and D.O.T. Regulations in Texas Seminar, Lorman, December 13, 2007
- Contribution and Indemnity, University of Houston Advanced Civil Litigation Course, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Star, a Thomson Reuters business, 2009 – 2019
- Texas Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, 2020-2021
- Included in H Texas magazine’s “Houston’s Top Lawyers” in the area of Maritime Law , 2011, 2012, 2013
- Avvo – http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/77006-tx-patrick-dennis-85667.html
- Superlawyers – http://www.superlawyers.com/texas/lawyer/patrick-m-dennis/8a72dd38-402f-4501-ad00-c6d97d405952.html
- Houstonia magazine –
- H Texas Magazine –
- Phi Delta Phi